FFP2 respirator face mask refers to the face mask that meets the European (CE EN149-2001+A1-2009) standard. The standard of European protective masks is divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, FFP3. The difference with the American standard is that its detection flow rate is 95L / min, and it is dusted with DOP oil.
The inspection of FFP2 face masks, whether it is a European standard or an American standard, specifies the use of the US TSI-8130 Automated Filter Testers instrument for testing. American standard N type uses NaCl method, R type uses DOP method, European standard uses DOP method.
The TSI-8130 instrument uses the NaCl method: the instrument can automatically generate salt particles. The average diameter of the particles is 0.2 μm (the average diameter of the aggregate is 0.26 μm, and the arithmetic average diameter is 0.07 μm). The instrument automatically prints out through the sample at a certain flow Flow rate, resistance, transmittance.
The DOP method uses DOP oil to generate dust. The diameter of the DOP oil particles is the aggregated average particle diameter of 0.33 μm, and the counted average diameter is 0.20 μm. 
1. Personal protective equipment whose purpose is to prevent or reduce dust in the air from entering human respiratory organs to protect the safety of life;
2. Material: anti-particulate masks are mostly made of two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, and a filter cloth (melt-blown cloth) in the middle;
3. Filtration principle: The filtering dust mainly depends on the filter cloth in the middle. Because the melt-blown cloth has its own electrostatic characteristics, it can absorb positive small particles. Since the dust is adsorbed on the filter original, and the filter original is static and cannot be washed with water, the self-priming filter type anti-particulate respirator needs to replace the filter original regularly
4. Remarks: The international requirements for the use of anti-particulate masks are quite strict. Anti-particulate masks belong to the first level in personal protective equipment, higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. The more authoritative testing certifications are CE certification in Europe and NIOSH certification in the United States, while Chinese standards are similar to NIOSH in the United States
5. Protection objects: The protection objects are divided into KP and KN. The so-called KP is capable of protecting oily and non-oily particles, while KN is only protecting non-oily particles.
6. Protection level: China’s protection level is divided into KP100, KP95, KP90 and KN100, KN95, KN90. Among them, the highest national filter efficiency of KP100 and KN100 requires greater than 99.97%, so the safety of use is also the highest.
Different FFP2 masks use different filter materials. The filtration effect is related to the particle size of the particulate matter on the one hand, and is also affected by whether the particulate matter contains oil. FFP2 category masks are usually classified according to filtration efficiency, and classified according to whether they are suitable for filtering oily particulate matter. Oil-free particulate matter such as dust, water-based mist, paint mist, oil-free smoke (welding smoke), microorganisms, etc. Although “non-oily particulate matter” filter materials are relatively common, they are not suitable for oily particulate matter, such as oil mist, oily smoke, asphalt smoke, coke oven smoke, etc. The filter material suitable for oily particulates can also be used for non-oily particulates.
Method of choosing
First: The dust blocking efficiency of the mask should be high. The dust-blocking efficiency of a mask is based on its dust-blocking efficiency for fine dust, especially for respiratory dust under 5 μm. In general gauze masks, the dust blocking principle is mechanical filtering, that is, when the dust hits the gauze, it passes through layers of barriers to block some large particles of dust in the gauze. However, fine dust, especially dust less than 5 μm, will pass through the gauze mesh and enter the respiratory system. There are some anti-particulate masks on the market, and the filter material is composed of fibers charged with permanent static electricity. When the respiratory dust less than 5 μm passes through this filter material, it will be attracted to the filter material by electrostatic attraction On the ground, it really plays a role in preventing dust.
Second: The degree of closeness between the mask and the face shape is better. When the mask is not close to the face, dust in the air will enter the airway from the gap around the mask. Therefore, people should choose the anti-particulate mask suitable for their face shape and wear the anti-particulate mask correctly.
Third: Wear comfortably, including low breathing resistance, light weight, hygienic wear, and easy maintenance, such as wearing an arched anti-particulate mask.
Category1. Disposable anti-particulate mask: Alias: “Disposable FFP2 type mask” This anti-particulate mask is suitable for short-term use in a polluted environment,
2. Half mask: Alias: “FFP2 category mask”, “dust mask” and “dust mask” with exhalation valve design to reduce heat accumulation and make breathing easier, suitable for long-term use in high temperature and high humidity environments. Non-toxic , Tasteless, allergy-free and non-irritating raw materials. Adjustable nose clip with high filtration efficiency and low resistance makes the sealing between the mask and the face better. Dust cannot easily leak into the electrostatically processed filter layer, effectively filtering and adsorbing very fine harmful industrial dust to prevent silicosis Ultrasonic welding, elastic band of spandex wire material is more effective in protecting the wearer: construction industry, agricultural animal husbandry, food processing industry, cement factory, textile factory, cutting dust, heavy metal harmful pollutant workplace.
3. Full face mask: Alias: dust-proof full face mask, is used in special environments
The outer layer of FFP2 masks often accumulate a lot of dust, bacteria and other dirt in the outside air, while the inner layer blocks the exhaled bacteria and saliva. Therefore, the two sides cannot be used interchangeably, otherwise the dirt contaminated by the outer layer will be directly Inhale the human body when it is close to the face and become a source of infection. When the mask is not worn, it should be folded and placed in a clean envelope, and the side that is close to the nose and nose should be folded inwards. Do not stuff it into your pocket or hang it around your neck.
FFP2 face masks are similar to N95 and KN95 masks and cannot be cleaned. Wetting will cause the mask to discharge static electricity and cannot absorb dust with a diameter of less than 5um.
High-temperature steam sterilization is similar to cleaning, and water vapor can also cause static discharge, resulting in face mask failure.
If you have an ultraviolet lamp at home, you can consider using an ultraviolet lamp to sterilize the mask surface to prevent accidental contact with the mask surface and pollution. High temperature can also sterilize, but the mask is usually flammable. High temperature may also cause the mask to burn and cause safety hazards. It is not recommended to use ovens and other facilities for high temperature disinfection.